Sunday, January 17, 2010

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

Today, Wei Wen, ChengZhi, Ho Li and Chee Khin came to my house after their Harmonica and Guitar Club orientation at school. ChengZhi's mum fetched all of them directly from school to my house.

There's actually nothing much at first. Wei Wen and ChengZhi bathed, fooled around a little with my cello and their guitar, then went upstairs to my karaoke room to sing. There were 4 mics there, just enough for the four of them. I wasn't really interested and just went back to my computer room to play Maple and surf Facebook. There was once when ChengZhi was gonna sing the song Onion (洋葱) and SMSed me to go upstairs. At first I thought they broke a mic or something, but when I went up and found out all he wanted was for me to listen, I just went back down. Hehe.

At around 5pm my mum fetched us to The Mines for dinner. We chose a Ramen store to dine in. It was just a normal meal, with average food and quite above average prices. After the meal Ho Li and Chee Khin went home themselves. Wei Wen and ChengZhi went to grab some doughnuts from Big Apple, while I went to KFC to buy dinner for my brother. I also bought an extra Toasted Twister for my mum. Am I a lovable boy? <3

When we got back to my house, the 3 of us went up to the karaoke room. We finished up the doughtnuts first, then the two of them began to sing. This is the key moment of the day. I had the urge of going down to my room and practise my cello, but once they started singing, I just can't leave the room. Their duet singing was so mesmerizing and soothing to my ears.

They sang a lot of songs, the best ones being Secret Guest (神秘嘉宾), Tornado (龙卷风) and 3 a.m. (凌晨三点钟). Wei Wen also sang his signature Dad, I'm Back (爸,我回来了), showing his excellent Chinese rapping skills. ChengZhi doesn't have any signature song of his own, but he sang really good too and I especially admire his fake voice skills in HuoYuanJia (霍元甲). ChengZhi has a better voice than Wei Wen, but Wei Wen has more superior singing skills and more accurate tones.

They managed to hold me in the karaoke room from 6pm-10pm. Amazing! So you see, never judge a book by its cover. No matter how a person behaves, how a person does things and how a person looks like, he/she always has his/her very own talent. Wei Wen and ChengZhi are the best examples.

Do you have your own talents too? Sure you do. Remember, don't judge a book by its cover, especially Wei Wen and ChengZhi! (they are books with really bad covers, hehe)


Salty

No comments:

Post a Comment