Sunday, March 21, 2010

Home Salt Sweet Home

Hihi! I'm back from Bintulu! <3

Not really a lot of imbalanced stuff. I'll just list them.

Our orchestra consists of 80+ members. And when moving around Bintulu, we need to divide into 4 primary school buses without air cond.
The driver of my bus is the only lady out of the 4 drivers and she is the kuatest, fastest and most aggressive driver.
This concert is actually a fund-raising concert for the school SM Kai Dee, but the school is bigger and has more facilities than SMJK Katholik.
The sunset at the beach at Bintulu is very mesmerizing.
We visited the Kidurong area on the first night and the tyre of 1 of the buses got punctured.
ChengZhi SMS me a "hi" at 4:44am.

On the second day, our concert day, I suffered sinus during rehearsal. Luckily a nap healed it.
I brought the wrong white shirt to wear for the performance.
Our cello quartet performance was totally IGNORED. (although it's only a kelefeh performance)
The overall response and feedback to the orchestra performance was very satisfactory and the audience even called for an encore.
Few of the members from the bands of SM Kai Dee are quite pretty. <3
After performance 2 old aunties with FP asked me to take a photo with them and as a gentleman I forcefully agreed.

Third day, we went to Bintulu market. Found out Bintulu bananas are special. There are bananas same size as my arm, brownish-black bananas and even red bananas. And one of the hawkers there sells maggots. The maggots in the plastic packets are still moving and oozing around.
Went to visit Taman Tumbina, a garden with animals and plants. But actually visiting this place is more like joining a weight loss program with endless hiking.
On the bus back I played Brain Juice and broke my Arithmetics record. I did 400+ calculations under 5 minutes. I'm a nerd. <3

We dined at a same restaurant 3 times in this trip.
You can never see KFC and McD at Bintulu.
Hotel rooms have 2 single beds and we have 4 people in each room.
I slept my first night without a blanket and I used my concert coat as a substitute.
The hotel's room service tidies up your bed, but leaves behind a stench.
Our whole tour schedule was delayed and end up the visit to night market where I think is the best place to get souvenirs was canceled.
2 out of 14 cellos were broken when we retreived them from the plane.
Discovered beauties in orchestra that I previously never noticed. <3
The entry fee for an adult into Taman Tumbina is RM2.
It is possible to have dinner below RM5 at Bintulu.

That's all. I hope you don't expect too much things to happen from a 80-people orchestra ranging from 10 years old to 60 years old.


Salty

No comments:

Post a Comment